Sunday, July 15, 2012

Does the spirit exist? I have spent a good pat of my life searching for and practicing spirituality. Looking for religion, looking in reality for answers about why we are here and what we are supposed to do. For the most part I have made up my mind, we are nothing but biological entities, and what we call our soul, our consciousness is nothing more than a trick our large ape-inspired brains has concocted for us. The truth is, for me at least, is that we have no actual purpose beyond perpetuation of the species, survival if you will. While this may sound like it should inspire no hope, and no meaning to our lives, for me it does the opposite. If we are nothing but mere accidents of evolution than the universe is our oyster. We have no predetermined fates, there is nothing we cannot accomplish through persistence, learning, and experimentation. We write our own destinies.

No comments:

Post a Comment